How to request the EPS Certificate
The form to request the EPS Certificate can be found as the last sheet ‘Request Certificate’ in the latest TSP file, which you can find on the EPS website under EPS documents. Please fill in this request form and the training overview below it and make sure that you and your promotor sign and date this request. If you use digital signatures, please cc your promotor in the e-mail.
Please send the following documents to Heleen Schoenmaker:
- The signed and dated request form as a scanned PDF file
- The unsigned request form as an excel file, so EPS can process your request
- Supporting documents (as a zip file or by SURF filesender) *
*Please make sure to place the supporting documents in 4 different folders for the different sections in the training overview (Start-Up Phase; Scientific Exposure; In-Depth Studies; Personal Development) and if relevant also in subfolders for the subsections (e.g. Lunteren days and other national platforms; seminars, workshops and symposia; international symposia and congresses). Also, please make sure to give the supporting documents an appropriate name which includes the year of the activity, like for instance 2017_ EPS Theme 1 symposium.
Please make sure to submit your request in time! A good time point to submit your request would be around the time that you hand in your thesis for the reading committee. After an initial check to see if your training has fulfilled all the requirements, your request will be sent to the Educational Committee in order to obtain their approval.
How to fill in the TSP Training sheet
Please fill in the dates as follows:
06 Sep 2018
10-23 Nov 2018
(Tip: write ’06 Sep 2018 if the format does not want to “stick” and keeps on changing. The ‘ will not be visible.)
- Under the Scientific Exposure section please distinguish between Seminar, Symposium, Workshop, Talk and Poster and make separate categories in chronological order.
Symposium: xxxxxxxxx, place, country 09 Sep 2017
Symposium: xxxxxxxxx, place, country 12 Aug 2018
Workshop: xxxxx, place, country
Seminar: Name of speaker, title of seminar
Talk: title, event
Poster: title, event
Possible supporting documents to be sent for requesting the EPS Certificate
- First page of project proposal
- File of accepted or published review article or book chapter
- Proof of attended MSc courses (Please note: Qualifying Exams (QEs) cannot be listed in the training!)
- Certificates or e-mails confirming registrations and/or programs of symposia, conferences, workshops, PhD student days etc.
- Seminars: please just list the name of the speaker and/or the topic of the attended seminar, no further proof needed.
- Posters: PDFs of the posters
- Talks: programs or e-mails that show that you were a speaker at the event
- IAB interview: e-mail with confirmation of meeting
- Excursion: program or e-mail confirming registration or attendance
- Certificates of the attended courses, summer schools or workshops (or e-mails confirming registration or attendance)
- Journal club: if available, send the scheduled list of the meetings
- Individual research training: please list institute/lab, place, country in the training sheet and if possible send some confirmation of the time spent there.
- Certificates of the attended courses, workshops, or other special days (or e-mails confirming registration or attendance)
- Organisation: if possible, please send a document that proves your activities
- EPS PhD Council membership: if possible, please send a document that proves your activities