The Board consists of:
- Prof.dr. L.A.C.J. (Rens) Voesenek (UU, Chair)
- Prof.dr. R (Remko) Offringa (LU)
- Prof.dr. J. (Jian) Xu (RU)
- Prof.dr. R.E. (Ronald) Koes (UvA)
- Prof.dr. M. (Marcel) Dicke (WUR)
The Director of EPS, the Chair of the EPS PhD Council and the Chair of the EPS Postdoc Council attend the meetings of the Board
The International Advisory Board (IAB) guards the quality of EPS activities, in particular the research policy and programme, and the educational programme. The IAB consists of six leading scientists in different fields of experimental plant sciences:
- Prof.dr. J. (Joy) Bergelson,
Department of Ecology and Evolution, University of Chicago, Chicago, USA
- Prof.dr. G. (George) Coupland,
Max Planck Institut for Plant Breeding Research, Cologne, Germany
- Prof.dr. E. (Ted) Farmer,
Université de Lausanne, Department of Plant Molecular Biology, Switzerland
- Prof.dr. S. (Sophien) Kamoun,
Sainsbury Laboratory, John Innes Centre, Norwich, UK
- Prof.dr. Y. (Yves) van de Peer,
Department of Plant Systems Biology, VIB (Flanders Institute of Biotechnology) and Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
The Industry Board (IB) was established to allow industry and science to exchange ideas and goals. The Board also provides an opportunity through its activities to inform candidates of how science is applied in industry. The board advises on research policy and the educational programme.
The IB consists of:
- Dr. J. H. (Jan) van den Berg,
Nunhems Zaden b.v., Haelen, The Netherlands
- Dr. R. (Rob) Dirks,
Rijk Zwaan The Netherlands, De Lier, The Netherlands
- Dr. J. (Jan) de Haas,
HZPC Holland b.v., Joure, The Netherlands
- Dr. S. (Sjoukje) Heimovaara-Dijkstra,
Royal van Zanten, Rijsenhout, The Netherlands
- Dr. J. (Joep) Lambalk,
Enza Zaden, Enkhuizen, The Netherlands
- Dr.ir. N.P.L. (Niels) Louwaars
Plantum, Gouda, The Netherlands
The EPS Research Committee consists of:
- Prof.dr. G.C. (Gerco) Angenent (Chair)
- Dr. K. (Kaisa) Kajala (UU) and Prof.dr. D. (Dolf) Weijers (WUR), coordinators research theme 1 “Developmental Biology of Plants”
- Dr. F. (Frank) Takken (UvA) and E.H. (Erik) Poelman (WUR), coordinators research theme 2 ”Interaction between Plants and Biotic Agents “
- Dr. I. (Ivo) Rieu (RU) and Prof.dr. L. (Leónie) Bentsink (WUR), coordinators research theme 3 “Metabolism and Adaption”
- Dr. M.E. (Maike) Stam (UvA) and Dr. ADJ (Aalt-Jan) van Dijk (WUR), coordinators research theme 4 “Genome Biology and Gene Regulation”
The Chairs and secretaries of the EPS PhD Council and postdoc council attend the meetings of the Research Committee.
The Educational Committee consists of EPS staff-members and PhD candidates:
- Prof.dr. M. (Marcel) Dicke (WUR, Chair)
- Dr. A.J.M. (Ton) Peeters (UU)
- Dr. F.L.W (Frank) Takken (UvA)
- Dr. J.L. (Janny) Peters (RU)
- Prof.dr. (Remko) Offringa (LU)
The Chairs and secretaries of the EPS PhD Council and postdoc council attend the meetings of the Educational Committee.
The PhD Council consists of representatives from all research groups joined in EPS and advises the Board and Committees of EPS both upon request and on their own initiative.
The PhD Council attends the meetings of the EPS Board, the Research Committee and the Educational Committee and contributes to (new) developments which may affect your PhD experience.
The Postdoc Council consists of representatives from all research groups joined in EPS and advises the Board and Committees of EPS both upon request and on their own initiative.
Prof.dr. Gerco Angenent is Director of EPS; as such, he is responsible for all executive affairs concerning EPS.
- Prof.dr. G.C. (Gerco) Angenent, Director of EPS
- Dr. I. (Ingrid) Vleghels, Executive secretary of EPS
- Dr. S.L. (Susan) Urbanus, PhD Programme Coordinator / PhD Advisor
- Dr. J. (Juliane) Teapal, Education Coordinator / Postdoc advisor
- Ms. A. ( Anja) Mosselman, Office assistance