EPS is one of the founding members of EPSO, the European Plant Science Organization (www.epsoweb.org). EPSO is an independent academic organization currently representing 72 institutional members bringing together more than 220 research institutes, departments and universities from 30 European countries.
EPSO’s mission is to improve the impact and visibility of plant science in Europe. EPSO’s top priorities are to facilitate the understanding of plant science, to boost funding for basic research and to coordinate research activities at the national and European levels – and beyond.
Since June 2007 EPSO offers the personal membership which is open to all nationalities, professions, career stages and age groups worldwide and it is free for all people working at the EPSO institutional members. All EPS members can register as a personal member for free.
The EPSO Personal Member benefits are:
- Access to EPSO News, the bi-annual newsletter – an excellent source of information on EPSO activities, EPSO members activities, EU funding and national funds open to foreign applicants
- Eligibility for students and for New Member States’ scientists to apply for an EPSO conference support grant for an EPSO conference
- Discounted registration fee to EPSO conference
More activities important to personal members:
- Apply to participate in the EPSO workshops (restricted to EPSO personal and institutional members; travel and accommodation covered by member)
- Access to members-only information on the EPSO website (restricted to EPSO personal members from institutional members) – including research programme profiles and briefings, a fact collection and searchable database
- Enter your profile and search the e-database of EPSO members (access restricted to EPSO personal members from institutional members)
- Submit job adverts for publication on the EPSO website
How to register as EPSO Personal Member? Complete the registration form online, or send by fax to the EPSO office.