EPS course “PLAZA-FUNCTIONAL PLANT BIOINFORMATICS”
Fee: 50€ for PhDs with approved TSP and postdocs registered with EPS
100 € for all other PhDs, postdocs and staff
200 € for participants of the private sector
This two-day workshop will introduce the basic concepts of comparative and functional -omics data analysis in plants through lectures and practical hands-on sessions. Both plant biologists and geneticists with an interest in bioinformatics, data analysis, and comparative & regulatory genomics should attend this training. After this workshop, you will have a good understanding of the organization and evolution of plant gene families and know how to extract relevant biological information from -omics gene sets.
Prerequisites: basic knowledge of genes, genomes, transcript profiling, BLAST, homology, Gene Ontology (no programming skills are required).
- Introduction plant comparative genomics (genes, gene families, synteny analysis) + introduction PLAZA platform
- Functional characterization of plant genes (Families, GO, InterPro)
- Gene set analysis for different plant -omics data sets:
- functional interpretation of RNA-Seq and ChIP-Seq genes using the PLAZA Workbench
- co-expression and Transcription Factor analysis
Organised by ELIXIR Belgium and the VIB Bioinformatics Core for EPS
Monday, October 25, 2021 through October 26